I am an experienced scientific and medical copy-editor, proofreader and typesetter, and am an Advanced Professional Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) in the UK and a Professional Member of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) in Australia. I use Word 2010 or 2013 and InDesign CS6 or CC 2017. Please see the Recent projects tab to get an idea of the typical sorts of document that I have worked on in recent years.
Here is a small selection of the unsolicited feedback I have received from clients:
- With both books now awaiting publication it only remains for me to say a big thank you for all of your efforts during the past year. I hope these two new publications will be a successful addition to the growing number of resources that will be available for young people who want to study physics; any success will be a reflection (and reward) of your editorial skills. So once again many thanks.
- Thank you Andrew, it has been a pleasure working with you on this project. You have taken all the worry on the design, copy-editing, proofing, liaison with [the cover designer] and the printer etc. etc. out of my hair, which I have really appreciated.
- I must pass on [the Belgian author’s] feedback: “An immense thank you for your contribution to the improvement of the book. I admire the acuteness and the pertinence of your remarks and I am very grateful for your dynamic help.” With which I concur.
- We do appreciate your continued commitment and high professional standards, and that’s why we come to you so often!
- Thank you for another great job! I really appreciate working with a typesetter who also copy-edits and engages with the text rather than just pouring it onto the page. I am eternally grateful for your attention to detail, and for picking up and correcting inconsistencies.
- Thank you for all your work on this book - as ever, it is excellent working with you, and your patience and attention to detail is much appreciated.
- I am delighted to be able to tell you that this book has won the “Highly Commended” Award in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology category of the BMA Book Competition this year.
- Many thanks for your work on this book. It is a pleasure to work with someone who can see the big picture and still attend to the small details.
- The book was perfect and I think sold and is still selling steadily. We were very grateful to you especially for being great to work with and getting the “job” done. We too were delighted with the book. Many thanks.
- Thank you for all your effort on this project. I am embarrassed by some errors that you have found and it shows you should never write anything to such a tight schedule. I know the product will be much better because of your efforts.
- Many thanks for doing such a good job copy-editing and typesetting the document. Everyone concerned was very impressed by your thorough and logical approach to the task.
- Thank you very much for producing such an excellent product. I am very happy with it. I am sorry to have left you to it - your ability to cope with anything I throw at you is immensely valuable to me.
- I have carefully proofed this chapter, and am awed by the excellence of the editing!
- It’s been a pleasure to have you do this - I wish more people had your insight and professionalism.
- Your personal, professional and responsive approach has meant that I have not had to worry about the quality of the output, nor meeting our deadlines.
- Thank you for all your attention to detail. The author and I are very happy with how this book is looking. Of course, I expected nothing less from you.
I would be delighted to discuss with you how I can help you produce publications of the highest standard. Please send me a message via the Contact page.